Owen Sound Museums: Billy Bishop Home and Museum - A National Historic Site and Marine & Rail MuseumSubmitted by Bishop House Museum on Tue, 2009-01-13 16:34.
Related EventsThere are no upcoming events related to this directory entry!
- Ridin' The Rails (April 16, 2009)
- Women in History (June 6, 2009)
- Wheels and Water 2 (July 23, 2009)
- Owen Sound Heritage Day (July 25, 2009)
- Call for Teachers Advisory Board Members (February 1, 2011)
- Call For Owen Sound Museum Board Members (February 28, 2011)
- Flying Aces @ Billy Bishop Home & Museum (March 15, 2011)
- Parlour PLay @ Billy Bishop Home & Museum (March 16, 2011)
Come experience the people and communities of Grey County's past and present at this exciting new facility. Grey Roots combines Grey County's Museum, Archives and Tourism Services through permanent and nationally touring exhibits, archival and genealogical resources, theatre, café, gift shop, events and more! Tourism Services rounds out the experience as a gateway of information to the many natural wonders of the region. Motor-coach friendly. Admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $3.50 for children 5-12, and children under 5 are free.
Hours of Operation:
- Family Fun Flicks in the Grey Roots Theatre (October 8, 2007)
- Family Fun Flicks in the Grey Roots Theatre (November 10, 2007)
- Family Fun Flicks in the Grey Roots Theatre (November 17, 2007)
- Family Fun Flicks in the Grey Roots Theatre (November 18, 2007)
- Family Fun Flicks in the Grey Roots Theatre (November 24, 2007)
- Family Fun Flicks in the Grey Roots Theatre (November 25, 2007)
- P.D. Day Adventures for School Kids (December 7, 2007)
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: The Mail-Order Catalogue in Canada (January 11, 2008)
More than just a museum, the Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre is the 'new place in town' for a wide variety of historical and cultural events and programs. At anytime of the year there will be an exciting event or activity that will educate or entertain. By the time you see films in our Bruce Power Theatre, visit our feature exhibits in the OPG Gallery or journey through the history of Bruce County in our permenant exhibit galleries and the County Archives, you will have experienced the UNFORGETTABLE!
- NORMAN LIOTA in Concert July 14 at 7PM (July 14, 2007)
- Chantry Institute Lecture: Climate Change (July 22, 2008)
- 'Heart to Heart' Valentine's Day Celebration "Masters of Jazz series 2010" Bruce County Museum and Cultural Centre (February 13, 2010)
- Masters of Jazz 2010M (May 22, 2010)
- Extreme Nature Lecture Series: Extreme Bruce County Weather: Weather Specialist John Wilson (February 19, 2011)
- After Hours Museum Mixer: Out of the Blue (June 27, 2013)
- Reptiles Alive (July 1, 2013)
- Waterscapes (September 14, 2013)